38th IAJGS International Conference
on Jewish Genealogy
POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews
Emanuel Ringelblum Jewish Historical Institute of Warsaw
In Cooperation With
The Polish State Archives
Early Registration Discount: Note that the discount expires at the end of the day (Eastern Daylight Time) on April 28.
Ibis Hotel: Another overflow hotel has been added, the “ibis Styles Warszawa City Hotel”. For information, look under the HOTEL & TRAVEL tab or click here.
Tours: Taube Jewish Heritage Tours, the official tour provider for the Conference, has opened its website on which you can see descriptions of their tours and can book tours. Under the HOTEL & TRAVEL tab, select the “Taube Tours” item (or click here).
Statement on Why Conference Will Be in Warsaw: We have posted a statement by Robinn Magid, Lead Co-Chair for the Conference, on why the conference is being held in Warsaw.
Save the Date: 5-10 August 2018 | Warsaw, Poland
Plan to attend the first IAJGS International Conference on Jewish Genealogy to be held in Central or Eastern Europe. In addition to the usual conference activities, you’ll be able to tour the places where your ancestors lived.
Explore the local sites, do research in local archives, greet old friends, make new friends, and take your family history research to the next level with:
- More than 150 lectures, panel discussions, and workshops focusing on genealogy methodology, available archival resources, and the history of all Jewish communities with special emphasis on the Jews of Central and Eastern Europe
- Presentations aimed at all Jewish genealogists—from “first-timers” to conference veterans
- An innovative “Resource Village” combining a traditional Vendor Exhibit Hall and Resource Room with genealogy experts, mentors, archivists, local NGOs, and craftspeople for a one-stop research experience at the conference site
- Opportunities for one-on-one conversations with archivists from Europe, including Poland and Lithuania
- Networking via popular Special Interest Group (SIG) and Birds of a Feather (BOF) meetings and luncheons
- Special “Welcome to Warsaw” activities on Sunday, August 5, 2018, including walking tours of the city and introductory lectures
- In-depth DNA workshops
- Tours of Poland’s rich Jewish history and visits to Holocaust memorial sites both before and after the conference
Watch this site for unfolding developments.