A new perk for Conference attendees
The POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews is offering our attendees special benefits during the conference. If you buy one of their annual memberships, starting at just 100 PLN (about 30 USD), you may enter any day, as often as you like, to see the permanent and temporary exhibits with no additional admission fee.
As an IAJGS Warsaw 2018 attendee with the 100 PLN membership, you are also entitled to
- a free guide tour of core exhibition during the conference or a free audioguide for one person, and
- a 35% discount on the temporary exhibition catalog purchased from the museum's ticket office.
For more information, to see added benefits for buyers of higher membership levels, and to buy a membership, please go to http://www.polin.pl/en/iajgs-warsaw-conference-special-offer
All you need to know about registration
Please make yourself familiar with these important details about registering for the conference.
If you have not yet registered and want to begin the process, use the REGISTRATION menu above, or click this link to go to the Registration Form.
If you have already registered for the conference, you may register a companion (Spouse/Domestic Partner) by using the REGISTRATION | NEW REGISTRATION menu above or by clicking here.
If you have already registered, you may change or add items, or revise your personal information by using the REGISTRATION | ATTENDEE SERVICE CENTER menu above or by clicking here.
When the schedule of optional items is complete, including SIG meals, the Gala Banquet, and computer workshops, the form will be updated. Then you may use the REGISTRATION | ATTENDEE SERVICE CENTER menu above or click here and edit your record to select and to pay for those events.
We are offering several types of registration. You will be asked to select one of these options to start.
- Full Conference (Primary, Spouse/Domestic Partner, Student)
- Daily Conference
Some fees are discounted during early registration and higher on site.
- Early Online Registration: until 11:59 p.m. EDT on Saturday,
April 28, 2018 extended to May 5!
- Regular Online Registration: from Sunday,
April 29 May 6, to 11:59 p.m. EDT on July 28, 2018
- On-site Registration: August 4, 2018, until the end of the conference
(through May 5)
(May 5 through July 28)
* For full-time students 26 years old and younger with a student ID.
|Sunday, August 5, through Friday, August 10
Primary registrants, including students, will receive a tote bag with, among other things, the Daily Planner and a memory stick that contains a PDF version of the conference syllabus, which includes all handouts submitted by speakers. Spouse/Domestic Partner and Daily registrants will receive the Daily Planner, but not a tote bag or memory stick.
Registration includes space-available admittance to open meetings, lectures, panels, and the Resource Village.
Registration for Sunday includes the keynote address and the reception preceding it.
All Conference registrants will have access to the IAJGS Conference Online Family Finder using a password login procedure.
Conference activities, in general, are open only to registered attendees. Exceptions:
- Registrants may purchase a banquet ticket for themselves and up to three more tickets for guests.
- A speaker may request a special badge to admit one family member or guest to his or her talk only. The speaker also may purchase additional guest badges for her or his talk. The fee and procedure for obtaining these badges will be provided later.
We expect most fees to be paid by credit card through the registration form. Some people worry about using a credit card on line. From what we have read, this worry is generally not well founded; online credit-card processing is generally safer than in-person processing. Internet systems generally protect credit-card information much more carefully than in hand-to-hand transactions. While there have been online security breaches, most credit-card fraud arises in other ways. In addition, most credit cards include complete coverage against fraudulent charges.
If, for some reason, you cannot use or do not want to use a credit card, payments may be made by check. Please observe the note below.
Payment by Check
If you plan to pay by check, please do not submit the registration form until you are ready to mail the check to the Conference treasurer. If we do not receive the check within one week, we may cancel the registration or the optional items ordered. To take advantage of special pricing, the check must be received by the treasurer prior to the cut-off date.
Checks should be made payable to "IAJGS Warsaw 2018" and sent to:
IAJGS Warsaw 2018 Treasurer
18 Lois Lane
Lexington, MA 02420-4429
Spouse/Domestic Partner definition
The reduced "Spouse/Domestic Partner" registration fee applies only for spouses and domestic partners who reside in the same household. It does not apply for roommates, siblings, parents, children, or other relatives of the primary registrant, even if they live in the same household. The Conference reserves the right to verify the status of anyone registering in this category.
Refunds will depend on when we receive a cancellation notice.
On or before May 15, 2018
- A full refund of all fees paid less a $50 administrative fee will be made if a cancellation request is received by 11:59 p.m. EDT, May 15, 2018.
On or after May 16, 2018, and before July 1, 2018
- A 50% refund of all fees paid less a $50 administrative fee if a cancellation request is received by 11:59 p.m. EDT, June 30, 2018.
- If you wish to substitute other Conference items for any fees paid, you may do so. This is not transferable to another person.
- If the substitution results in a net increase, you must pay the difference. If there is a net reduction, the difference will be refunded less a $50 administrative fee. If the difference is less than $50, it is forfeited in lieu of the administrative fee.
On or after July 1, 2018
- No refunds or substitutions will be made for requests received on or after 12:01 a.m. EDT July 1, 2018.
- We regret if illness, family emergency, or other reasons prevent you from participating in some or all of the conference. However, we have incurred obligations to others based upon your registration and additional fee items.
There will be no exceptions to the cancellation/refund policy. You may want to consider buying trip cancellation insurance.
To cancel your registration, please write to email@example.com
or send a letter (delivery confirmation recommended) to
Harvey Kabaker, Registration Chair
IAJGS Warsaw 2018
1314 Midwood Place
Silver Spring, MD 20910-1645
Optional, fee-added items
Various optional items and activities (with separate fees) are in planning, including those listed below. Watch for an announcement of schedules and opening of registration. NOTE: These items will be available only to those who have registered for the full conference or for the day of the event, and to their guests as described elsewhere.
- Computer workshops
- Banquet (Thursday evening)
- SIG meals
On-site registration hours (tentative)
On-site registration, where you pick up your badge (required for attendance at most Conference functions) and other materials, will be open during the following hours, which are subject to change:
|Saturday (August 4)
|Sunday (August 5)
|Monday - Thursday (August 6 to 9)
|Friday (August 10)